Articles on this Page
(showing articles 1 to 10 of 10)
- 05/24/17--03:05: _Amsterdam Data Scie...
- 06/09/17--01:04: _Controversy in Web ...
- 06/23/17--05:53: _Collective Intellig...
- 06/29/17--02:22: _Dataset of Crowdsou...
- 07/09/17--05:16: _Visualize your Goog...
- 09/11/17--02:56: _ControCurator paper...
- 12/11/17--04:13: _Machine Learning Ov...
- 03/20/17--14:24: _Human Computing for...
- 05/15/17--04:25: _Weekly AI talk on C...
- 05/23/17--03:55: _Computer Science at...
(showing articles 1 to 10 of 10)
Data Science Blog
- 05/24/17--03:05: Amsterdam Data Science – Coffee & Data: Controversy in Web Data
- 06/09/17--01:04: Controversy in Web Data presentation
- 06/23/17--05:53: Collective Intelligence 2017 – Trip Report
- 06/29/17--02:22: Dataset of Crowdsourced Annotations on Controversy Aspects
- 07/09/17--05:16: Visualize your Google location history in one map
- 09/11/17--02:56: ControCurator paper accepted at SocInfo 2017
- 12/11/17--04:13: Machine Learning Overview
- 03/20/17--14:24: Human Computing for the Real World
- 05/15/17--04:25: Weekly AI talk on ControCurator
- 05/23/17--03:55: Computer Science at the VU for immigrants and international students
On 9th of June we are organising a Coffee & Data event with the Amsterdam Data Science community. The topic is “How to deal with controversy, bias, quality and opinions on the Web” and will be organised in the context of the COMMIT ControCurator project. In this project VU and UvA computer scientists and humanities […]
Today I presented our work on ControCurator at the Amsterdam Data Science Coffee & Data event on Controversy in Web Data. Controversy in web data #AmsterdamDataScience #Meetup @VUamsterdam @VU_Science @COMMIT_nl @ams_ds @8w @davideceolin @dodijk @networkinstvu pic.twitter.com/tM1So5jQim — Lora Aroyo (@laroyo) June 9, 2017 The slides that I presented are available here:
On June 15-16 the Collective Intelligence conference took place at New York University. The CrowdTruth team was present with Lora Aroyo, Chris Welty and Benjamin Timmermans. Together with Anca Dumitrache and Oana Inel we published a total of six papers at the conference. Keynotes The first keynote was presented by Geoff Mulgan, CEO of NESTA. […]
I published an update to our dataset of crowdsourced annotations on controversy aspects, as part of the ControCurator project. Experimental Setup We evaluated the controversy aspects through a crowdsourcing experiment using the CrowdFlower platform. The collected annotations from this experiment were evaluated using the CrowdTruth methodology for measuring the quality of the annotations, the annotators, […]
I like geographic data, and in recent years developed a simple tool to easily visualize all of my Google location history data in a single zoomable and interactive map. It converts your complete Google location history data for use in a Google Fusion Table. You can customize the visualization to your own preference in the […]
Our paper Computational Controversy has been accepted at the SocInfo 2017 conference! Abstract Climate change, vaccination, abortion, Trump: Many topics are surrounded by fierce controversies. The nature of such heated debates and their elements have been studied extensively in the social science literature. More recently, various computational approaches to controversy analysis have appeared, using new […]
There have been a lot of developments in the last years in machine learning. One of the main developments of course has been deep learning, but now also generative adversarial networks are becoming more and more interesting. In some of my presentations I have been using the following graph to model and explain the most […]
We present our latest work on the CrowdTruth framework, titled “Human Computing for the Real World”, at the ICT Open 2017 conference on 21st and 22nd of March 2017. I made a new video that demonstrates the different aspects of the framework for dealing with ambiguity in data, crowdsourcing of human interpretations, and evaluating disagreement […]
Last week I gave another talk in our Weekly AI meeting on the topic of ControCurator. This is a project that I am currently working on, which has the goal to enable the discovery and understanding of controversial issues and events by combining human-machine active learning workflows. In this talk I went into the different […]
As I am study advisor for the international students, I am also responsible for immigrants that study Computer Science bachelor at the Vrije Universiteit. In order to provide these future students with a clear picture of what they can expect, I gave a presentation about Computer Science, our program at the University, and things they […]